Yesterday we had rain. Big rain. And so we got out the rain boots. Nathan and I had a big adventure walking in the rain from the car into Target. He was so delighted with the rain. I was so delighted with the fact that he didn't sit down in it, but kept walking (I had a good grip on his hand just in case).
Later it cleared some and Nathan, his dad and I went for a walk. I put the frog rain boots on Nathan. We discovered that he likes to kick them off when he's sitting in the stroller (or the carseat, or the shopping cart...), maybe because he can-- he's so used to wearing the sneakers and orthotics, layers of footwear with fasteners, and boots just slide on and off. So I put them back on, and we went splashing in puddles. Nathan started walking a little less than a year ago, so he did walk last winter, but he was so prone to sitting down and would not at all walk where I wanted him to that he never really had the opportunity to be out of his stroller when it was wet. So this was Nathan's first walk in rain boots to splash in the puddles. He was so excited. I had to show him that the splashing is supposed to happen with booted feet, not hands, though. We walked, we splashed, and he only sat down once. Today, though, as I was putting on his sneakers and orthotics for school , I remembered to tell him that this splashing in puddles is only for boots! Let's see which part he remembers: that splashing is fun, or that mom said it's only for boots. Any bets?
No comments:
Post a Comment