Right now on Mondays, I put Nathan on the bus and go to work while he goes to school, then is bussed to his other school for an hour before I pick him up. My intention had been to meet the bus at the school since last year and this summer he was on the bus an hour. However, now he is dropped of first and only on the bus 15 minutes! I can't complain; the school bus is not intended to be used as childcare. So I've bought an hour of childcare, and Nathan is at school just long enough to play a bit and have lunch with his friends. (On Tuesdays and Thursdays he is there all afternoon, but Mondays just an hour.)
When I went to pick him up yesterday, he was eating lunch (well, about half of lunch had been tossed on the floor, but he was eating some). As soon as he saw me, he was all done with lunch, up out of his seat. While I talked a bit with the teachers, little girls started getting up to hug and kiss Nathan goodbye. I may have talked about a certain serial kisser before, a little girl who hugs and kisses on Nathan so much that one time he finally got fed up and bit her! She was the first up to hug and kiss Nathan goodbye. He tolerated this. Then another little girl got up for a hug and kiss. The first girl of course needed to repeat the performance a few more times. A little boy got up to hug him. Then another little girl got up. Nathan looked at me and put his arms up like "Mom! Save me!" and the teacher decided it was a good time for everybody to sit back down and finish lunch. All this kissing can get to be a bit much for Mr. Nathan but it's soooo cute!
He is going to be quite the charmer...there will be a day when he will say..."ladies, please form a line here...no pushing, no shoving, everyone gets a kiss!" =)
ReplyDeleteNo kiss
ReplyDelete