Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Sunday, October 24, 2010

More of "I want"

I posted the other day about working on getting Nathan to say "I want", especially in light of the fact that he seemed to be using "again" for this purpose as well as for its actual purpose. I've been working on this with things Nathan really wants, so it is motivating for him. He has this Leapfrog toy, which we got at an estate sale for 5 bucks. He loves this thing, but I keep it in the closet because he can't do all of the things himself and there are lots of little pieces to lose. The toy says things like "it's story time" and "it's rhyme time" and then tells a very simple alliterative story about the word or gives you several rhymes. It also spells and sounds out the word. Because it's kept in the closet, Nathan has to request it. Nathan usually does so by telling me "it's story time!". However, we've been working on the "I want", so I've been prompting him to say "I want story time" (phonics desk is a bit of a mouthful; we can call the toy "story time") and then I prompt him to tell me which card he wants in it. I guess it's sinking in, because he came up to me in the kitchen and told me "I want dog".
Here's some video of Nathan and "I want":

No comments:

Post a Comment