Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween, a holiday for mom

Halloween for me is all about dressing Nathan up for my own enjoyment. Nathan does not like candy, he's not really into dressing up, and he's not interested in choosing his own costume yet. But I like dressing him up and taking a picture! I did get him one of those pumpkin-shaped treat buckets and he likes that a lot, probably more than he'd like any treats that might go in it. Maybe this year we'll trick or treat a little, a very little, like to a couple of neighboring houses to show off the costume. If Nathan will cooperate. Yeah, Halloween is totally a holiday for mom at this point.
I had some costume issues this year. I got a dalmatian costume from Freecycle. Tried it on, but it's too small:
P1020556
Then I went to Target and picked out a pirate outfit. Didn't get around to trying it on him, but it looked a bit big. I was going to make it work, but then I was at the Gymboree outlet, where everything seemed to be overpriced by my standards (hello- outlets are supposed to be cheap!) EXCEPT for this dragon costume I got for 10 bucks! So cute! He can be a pirate next year. He's the cutest, sweetest, snuggliest, least ferocious dragon ever.
P1020596

1 comment:

  1. oh man. wish we were still neighbors so i could get a visit from your dragon.

    great pictures!

    ReplyDelete