Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cianna

And just a little update on the baby now that I've done a post about her brother. Cianna is 4 weeks old today! She's continuing to sleep, eat and grow like, well, a baby, only better because a heck of a lot of sleep continues to happen at night. I remember there was a time when Facebook had some little app that would search your statuses for the past year and report which words were most often used. Two of mine were "Nathan" and "sleep", and not in a happy, sleep-so-much kind of context. So far, I have no such litany of sleep complaints with this baby. I am typically up changing and feeding her twice at night, sometimes thrice, and then we snuggle up and go back to sleep. Ahhhhh. I love sleep!

Eating doesn't seem to be a big problem, other than the fact that she likes to do it a lot. I weighed her Tuesday and she was 8 lb 5 oz, so 2 lb up from her lowest weight. Cheeks are getting chubby!

She is a baby and she does get fussy but this can typically be controlled by nursing or walking around.

She's gaining head control, focusing on faces, the lamp, and (just like her brother used to) the closet door behind the rocking chair. I can't for the life of me figure out what babies see in this door, but 2 of 2 babies agree, it's fascinating! Cianna is also making vowel sounds and cooing. She smiles and laughs in her sleep (not at mommy, just in her sleep, I guess sleep is funnier than I am). In other words, typical stuff which is probably not very interesting to people outside her family. I'm pretty sure that with babies, boring is good, though. We had plenty of excitement in Nathan's infancy, lots of doctors and hospitals and more specialists than you could shake a stick at (not that we wanted to shake sticks at them; they were helping our kid!). I think boring will be just fine this time around, thanks.

2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful!!! And sleep is very, very good... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, as soon as I wrote about what a good baby she is, she immediately became fussier! I should not brag about this; karma will get me!

    ReplyDelete