Nathan is adjusting to life as a big brother. Of course, his sister doesn't do much at this point besides hog parental attention, eat, sleep, eliminate, and of course cry. But Nathan has continued to be into kissing her and also singing "no baby no cry" and its variant, "no Squeaky no cry" with me. Yesterday I was singing the regular old "no woman no cry" version and from down the hall came a little voice correcting me. "No Squeaky no cry!" Nathan came into the room then to help me sing "oh, my little sister, don't shed no tears. No Squeaky no cry." Awww.
I think all the praise for kissing his sister has translated into kissing his friends when they came over for music therapy last Friday. Nathan kissed both Maddy and Logan on the tops of their heads and said "Awww". I've definitely seen Maddy and another little girl from daycare hug and kiss him before, but this was the first time I've seen Nathan initiate this type of peer interaction. Very cute!
In general, miss Squeaky Cianna isn't crying too much. She had one rough day in there where she required a little work to soothe her, walking around with her or keeping her latched on to mom, but in general she is a good baby who is primarily devoted to eating and sleeping. And it's paying off in terms of weight gain-- 7 lbs 6oz yesterday. Pretty soon the smallest newborn outfits will be too tight. No need to bust out the bigger sizes just yet, though; some of the newborn stuff still hangs on her. And, yes, she's still sleeping (and letting the rest of us sleep) at night! She wakes up to be changed and fed a couple times, and then we go back to sleep! I don't know how I got so lucky, and I hope it lasts. It would be nice to have one kid who's a good sleeper!

How adorable!!! Love the pic, love Nathan's version of the song!!! :-)
ReplyDelete