Nathan does sing quite a bit, but he won't usually sing for the camera. He's been singing "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" a lot lately. Perhaps you are confused, thinking that is a book rather than a song. You'd be right about that. However, his music therapist Carly sings it, and Nathan has really taken to that. I've got to sing it now, and then also sing "Panda Bear, Panda Bear", and "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?". In case you wondered, "Polar Bear" does not take quite as well to being sung. "I hear a hippopotamus snorting in my ear" just doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as "I see a red bird looking at me". However, all of these books can be sung. Trust me.
Nathan has been making up his own lyrics. Sometimes I am not sure what the lyrics are, exactly. I presume "Borquestra, borquestra, what do you see?" is in fact "orchestra", as in another unrelated book, the "ABC Animal Orchestra". There are some other lines that I cannot make out at all though, interspersed with comprehensible things ("Cleo, Cleo, what do you see?" refers to our cat) and lines from the actual book (the goldfish, the teacher).
I've got some video of Nathan singing:
Last weekend, we saw a duck in the arboretum, and Nathan began singing "Six little ducks" to it. It was super cute, but by the time I got my camera out and recording, he was back to "Brown Bear". You'll just have to take my word for that one. ;)
=D
ReplyDeleteAdorable! I remember singing those two books in the car all the time--and especially as a distraction in the doctor's office. Brown Bear and Polar Bear were our absolute favorites when my kids were little. Mine too. I think I've held on to both of them in the playroom. Great memories. :)
ReplyDelete