Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kindergarten bound

Nathan's pre-k class visited kindergarten recently. This was his pre-k class from daycare, so they visited a typical kindergarten at the school he will be attending, and then Nathan and I dropped by the special day class too. He was tired and not at his best (took a long nap right afterwards) but he did okay sitting at circle with the help of an adult. He seemed a little scared and clingy in the regular classroom but he enjoyed the singing and I think he will get used to the routine in the fall when he will spend some time there daily. He seemed reasonably comfortable in the SDC class. We will visit again just before school starts. I think he will adapt pretty quickly to the transition and that he will like his new teacher a lot.It's hard to believe he's going to kindergarten. Recently, we were watching some old home movies of Nathan when he was much younger.Here he is at 2 1/2.Hard to believe the changes in him! He's such a big guy... and going off to kindergarten. His pre-k class also recently had a little graduation ceremony. It coincided with the ice cream social at the special ed preschool though, and I figured somebody would rather eat ice cream than stand in line and wear a hat. Was I right about that one! Two bowls of ice cream. And I couldn't een get him to keep the cat on for 30 seconds for a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment