Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Letters and numbers

Nathan has taken an interest in his old baby toys, which I've gotten out for the baby. He was looking at one of those soft letter blocks with a picture and a letter on each side.
Me "what is that?". It was a unicorn and I figured he'd say horse.
Nathan: "U".
Me: "oh, yes, it's the letter u. U for unicorn."
Nathan: "umbrella."
Uh-huh. And also for umbrella.

Then we were reading a favorite book. Nathan points to the number 6. "six". Yup, that's a 6.

Mr. Nathan has got a lot of assessments of his skills and abilities coming up as we prepare for his transition to kindergarten. I hope he's in the mood to let his assessors know that he recognizes all of his letters and his numbers up to 10. If not, I suppose that is what parent input is for!

1 comment: