Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kiss sister

We've been wondering if calling Cianna Squeak or Squeaky will confuse Nathan about what the heck her name actually is. He refers to her as Squeak. The other day he came home from school and I left the baby in the back room and went out to greet him. "Squeak?", he asked. I told him where she was and he accompanied me back there. He definitely expects her to be around and wants to know where she is if he doesn't see her.

This morning I conducted a little experiment. "Kiss sister." Nathan kissed his sister.
"Kiss Cianna.". Nathan kissed her again.
"Kiss Squeak." Third kiss.
"Kiss toy.". Nathan kissed his Leapfrog Count And Draw.

He seems clear on the concept of one baby, multiple names. I have explained that her name is Cianna but we call her Squeak, and he seems to get that both of those names refer to the same little person. :)

1 comment: