This began as a blog about parenting my son Nathan, who has Down Syndrome, as well as my thoughts on topics relating to disability. With the addition of Nathan's sister to our family, the focus is now on the development, both typical and atypical, of my kids, as well as my thoughts. Watching development unfold is amazing, whatever the pace.
Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Play-Doh
Can I just tell you how happy it makes me when Nathan wants to play in an age-appropriate manner and using something for its intended purpose? Lately he has been bringing me the zippered bag containing Play-Doh he received for his 3rd birthday. At that point, he had no interest in doing anything with Play-Doh besides putting it in his mouth. Now, he drops the bag at my feet. Me: "You want to do Play-Doh?" Nathan (smiling): "Play-Doh!" I make him sit at the table to do this. (His dad, for some crazy reason was going to get out Play-Doh while they were sitting on the rug. I believe David thought I was a little crazy in my insistence that this is not okay, but who do you think does any carpet cleaning that might happen around here?) Nathan needs help to shape or cut the dough, but he likes to squish it or smash it and to roll it with help. Soooo awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment