Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Monday, September 20, 2010

a few last words...

Many nights, right before he falls asleep, Nathan will say one last thing. In his sleepy state, right before he is totally zonked, he will say a few clear words. He is quiet, eyes closed, I think he's asleep, then out come a few little words, and then he is asleep. Sometimes I can relate it to something that happened during the day, more often it seems to come from out of the blue. Want a few examples?
"meatloaf"
"bingo"
"S says shhhh"
"monkey!"
"Be at rest"
"stupid toes"
and recently, for no discernible reason, "you smell!" Hey! You can't insult mommy in your sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Omg, that's so cute!!! Too funny! Stupid toes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid toes is entirely daddy's fault. One day when Nathan was eating his toes, daddy said "stupid toes! I hate you, toes! I bite you off!", etc. And stupid toes stuck.

    ReplyDelete