She also wants to help him, whether he wants help or not-- such as "me help open present, Nathan!" As I was taking Nathan to the bathroom yesterday, she came in and closed the door. "I close door, Nathan. Just for you." And today when I asked them to come to the living room for shoes and socks she said "I get Nathan". Then I could hear her: ( "come, Nathan. Go for a walk. Come, shoes, living room"). Then I see Nathan coming, Cianna behind him, pushing with both hands!
This began as a blog about parenting my son Nathan, who has Down Syndrome, as well as my thoughts on topics relating to disability. With the addition of Nathan's sister to our family, the focus is now on the development, both typical and atypical, of my kids, as well as my thoughts. Watching development unfold is amazing, whatever the pace.
Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters
Saturday, January 4, 2014
Cianna was in the backseat of the car trying to peel an orange (again). "Mommy, I need help." I let her know I was driving and couldn't help; she would have to wait. "Nathan help me." Well, hmmm, I don't know if he can. Nathan took the orange and managed to tear it in half. He handed half back to her. "Thanks, Nathan", she said and proceeded to get the peel off her half. Nathan managed to eat his half, mostly by eating the fruit off the peel and spitting out the peel. Cianna's big brother WAS able to help her, though, in a way that she seemed satisfied with. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment