Well, lately we've had some progress. This is a really long and labor-intensive process, so some progress does not mean we will soon be done, but it does mean there is some forward momentum. I learned that constipation impinges on the bladder and that a kid can have constipation affecting him even when I think it's under control. So, after a colon clean-out (I'll spare you the details!) and the use of daily maintenance Miralax (for now) he's able to stay dry longer and to go potty on the potty more often. This means the ability to stay dry for an hour or more sometimes (rather than 20 mins!) and going potty on the potty more than once a day (up from once every few days). So, big changes. And I feel like I'm spending my life in the bathroom reading Dr. Suess. But we have a long way to go too; he does not yet communicate when he needs to go or has gone. Still, progress is good. :)
This began as a blog about parenting my son Nathan, who has Down Syndrome, as well as my thoughts on topics relating to disability. With the addition of Nathan's sister to our family, the focus is now on the development, both typical and atypical, of my kids, as well as my thoughts. Watching development unfold is amazing, whatever the pace.
Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment