Just now, Nathan coughed and kind of gagged in another room. Me, out loud: "what's wrong with Nathan?". I hear little feet in sandals running towards him. Me: "is he okay?". The 17-month-old calls back:"he okay". Thanks, Cianna. She will bring him juice, wipe his nose, demand that I push him when he's on the swing ("mo push!", pointing to Nathan, "Nay!"). She'd probably try to (inexpertly) wipe him after he goes potty if I'd let her. Wow.
I will freely admit I encourage this stuff, but I didn't assign her this role nor expect it of her. She figured out on her own that her brother needs help to do things. In fact, I do have to tell her to let him do stuff himself because if I ask him to do something (close the door, pick up your cup) and he ignores or moves slowly, she will jump in and do it for him. Of course, he can do a lot himself, and now I have to tell not only myself but my little helper to wait and make him do these things!


Very sweet.
ReplyDelete