Every day at school, Nathan's class reads to sentence "I see __ apples" and they count the apples on the tree. His teacher told me he has gone up and pointed to the words "I" "see" and "apples" independently and said those words aloud. For their first art project, they made a counting book, with 10 collage pages of things to count, and the words "I see __ __" on every page.
This morning we read the counting book. Nathan read "I see". Then he scrutinized the rest of the sentence, like he was looking for, but not finding, "apples". Nope, no apples. It was "I see one sun."
Wow, Nathan. We're only 6 weeks into the school year... What do you think he'll be doing by the end of the year?
And, in case you were wondering if he still loves school, he's always got a big smile on his face when I go to pick him up and he seems excited and happy to go in the morning. This weekend we went to Funderland. We rode the train and the carousel. Then I asked him which he liked best, the train or the carousel. "Kinderchorus!" Said Nathan. Jeez, kid, sorry an amusement park wasn't quite as fun as the stuff you do at school! Apparently kinderchorus is a big hit. They are also gardening and going on their first field trip this week, to see Seussical the Musical. Mainstreaming into the regular classroom is going well. He's making good progress on fork use at school (much more resistant at home!) and he's doing more coloring and making lines instead of just dots!
Learning and having a ton of fun! What more could we ask for?
Love this update!! It's funny what our kids will do for other people at school and won't do for us at home...LOL Nathan's doing great!! I love how school helps our kids grow so beautifully.
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I'm so glad he loves school and is connecting to the reading books they're making
ReplyDelete