Nathan's daddy recently bought an inflatable kayak. It's a one-man kayak, but there is room for a second small person in there. Nathan has a fair number of sensory issues and fears, so I expected that kayaking would be scary for him and he wouldn't last long in a boat. Not so!
The baby and I had come along on the first kayaking expedition so I could hang out on the shore with Nathan if he didn't like it, but it turns out I was completely unnecessary.
It's even a pretty good place for a nap.
Nathan loves to go with his daddy in the kayak. Last weekend, we had no plans to do anything in particular during the day, and out of the blue Nathan was asking to go out kayaking. "daddy, out", "daddy, boat". Guess who got his wish?
Of course, we can't drop everything and head to a lake every time Nathan asks. But sometimes using his words pays off.
No comments:
Post a Comment