Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Waiting...

Five more days until I get to meet this baby! So excited for that. Everything is going well, we're ready and just waiting. The crib is ready, the swing is ready, the clothes are washed an put away, and we just received a beautiful hand-knit blanket that is ready to go into her bassinet. I had my last day of work Thursday so now I need to occupy my time for the next few days. I took the cat to the vet, saw my doctor for a final appointment before the baby and got my pre-op labs done, took a walk, had coffee with a friend, had dinner with another friend. And I'm enjoying lots of snuggle time with Nathan before my lap becomes a lot fuller.

Nathan generally wakes up and wants to snuggle. "Kiss cat", he tells me. He is the cat. Two mornings ago he woke up and was snuggling with me. "I love you", I told him. "Happy. Kiss. Hug. Awwww." said Nathan. Awwww, indeed.

Nathan has been making good progress on saying hi and bye to people (generally with a prompt), and using their names, too. He has always been very enthusiastic about his music therapist, Carly, but yesterday he not only greeted her by name, but greeted his friends in the music group by name too and was willing to say hi and bye to all. Then later as I was leaving the house, I said "bye, sweetie". "Bye, cutie", said Nathan. Cutie, huh? I thought my name was Mommy, but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment