Sixteen days left (well, unless baby girl comes early) until this mama becomes a mama of 2! I can't believe it's almost time, and yet I'm so impatient for the 19th to get here already. This pregnancy has gone well, no major problems or complications at all, pretty different from the last time around. Tomorrow will be the 37 week mark, or in others words full term.
Some folks have asked me "why c-section?" or whether vbac was an option for me. It is an option my doctor discussed with me and was open to if it was important to me. It wasn't, so I went with my doctor's recommendation to do another c-section. Last time around, I had a very medicalized birth experience. I credit the medical professionals involved with saving my child's life, so I don't really look at the medicalization of childbirth as problematic or unnecessary and I do not have a vested interest in a more "natural" birth. Mostly, I just want this baby to be born safely, in a place where she can get any kind of specialized care she might possibly need (yes, I'm travelling a little farther to the hospital with the NICU, although I certainly hope to never need a NICU again). And this time around, I'm sincerely hoping that when I am discharged home, I will be taking a baby home with me rather than coming back to visit one! But one thing I learned from Nathan's birth is that you take what comes and you get through it. And at least this time I will have a bag packed and be a little bit ready for what is to come!
i'm so excited to see pictures of nathan with his little sister!
ReplyDeletesending all of you good vibes from oregon.