This began as a blog about parenting my son Nathan, who has Down Syndrome, as well as my thoughts on topics relating to disability. With the addition of Nathan's sister to our family, the focus is now on the development, both typical and atypical, of my kids, as well as my thoughts. Watching development unfold is amazing, whatever the pace.
Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters
Thursday, May 22, 2014
"God Miss America"
I did not teach these kids any patriotic songs or songs about our country. First Nathan came home singing about "New York Islands" and was quite happy when I rapidly recognized it as "This land is your land", Googled the lyrics and sang it with him. Then Cianna came home singing about "Miss America". I thought that was odd -- does that pageant even exist anymore?-- but I figured she learned it from another little girl at school. Then I was hearing it coupled with "From the mountains" and realized it was "God Bless America". They must sing it a lot-- she knows it really well, although she is confused about some of the words. She was quite happy to make a movie of herself singing it, so here it is: "God Miss America".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment