Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Like brother, like sister

I picked the kids up from daycare tonight and got them into their seats in the car. Between the seats was a musical turtle that Cianna likes to play with. since it is musical, Nathan also has an interest in it. He picked it up and pressed a couple of buttons, then reached over and handed it to his sister. I gave him lots of praise for sharing and giving her a toy she likes. Not to be outdone, Cianna then wanted to share it back.

She likes to do what her brother is doing, whether that's sharing toys or dipping asparagus in ketchup. She actually will try just about any food, while Nathan likes to stick to the tried and true favorites, but she really wants whatever anybody else is having, even if she has the exact same thing on her plate. She assumes my piece of bread is better, I guess. Tonight, Nathan ate everything except his veggies. I offered him some ketchup for his asparagus. He agreed and then ate it all and asked for more asparagus. Cianna got all upset about that, pointing to his plate as if to lodge a complaint that he got more and she did not. I showed her how she still had asparagus on her plate, it was the one thing she didn't seem too interested in tonight, having eaten chicken, greens, cornbread and squash. Watching Nathan dip his in ketchup, she decided that was the way to go and ate hers that way too. Yuck! But at least they eat veggies! :p



No comments:

Post a Comment