Last week at our Baby Signs play class, the instructor encouraged very basic pretend play. Wow. I had not even thought to do pretend play yet! Nathan still only does a little pretend play, and it's like pretending to be a cat, not much pretend play with props.
So, I was inspired. I got a doll down from a shelf, a hand-me-down with realistic hair, and her hairbrush. Yep, I can get her to brush the doll's hair, and to repeat "doll"! Squeak seemed pretty taken with the doll. The next day, I gave her the doll and the brush, and she went right for the hair. Mostly at this point she is bopping the doll on the head with a plastic hairbrush and saying "da", but I am quite impressed. Then again, I'm her mom. ;-)



That is impressive, and not just because you're her mom. Sounds like she's feeling better.
ReplyDelete