Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Friday, May 6, 2011

I feed my whale under the apple tree

Thanks to Carly, Nathan's got a new favorite song. Not only does he pick up songs quickly, but he likes to be creative and add in some of his own lyrics. This Apple Tree song is a bit hit, partly because it includes so many animal sounds. Here's some video of Nathan and me singing, with Nathan adding a new animal.

I thought it was a "wheel", and figured out it was a whale. Then he had to figure out what a whale says!

Back when he was beginning to talk, he'd make animal sounds. I'd say the same of the animal and he'd make the sound. One of his first ones was meow, which at the time sounded like "ooo". Of course, he's progressed to a great many animals and their sounds, and he knows some of his animals in Spanish as well as English. Now he has turned the tables and likes to ask me what all the animals say. Of course, he knows what they say, just as I did when he was a year and a half old and I'd ask him over and over what the kitty says-- asking is part of the game. He's got mom trained.

3 comments:

  1. He's so cute, oh my gosh!

    I see so much of Lauren in him, I wish I could catch her on video! (She would never sit nice in front of a video camera.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleo on the table, trampoline in the dining room?

    ReplyDelete