Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sick!

We've had a great, healthy fall and winter... until now. On Friday morning Nathan got cranky and was crying in the stroller, but I kind of figured he was cold and wanted to go home. He ate a big lunch took a nap, and we went shopping. Oops! We saw the big lunch back, in a big way. Nathan was sick. I restricted him to clear liquids and even those didn't appeal to him much. He was whiny, pukey, miserable. Friday night, he was up about every hour, crying, throwing up, or wanting water. While I wish he could have told me he felt sick in the first place, I'm happy he was able to use his words to tell me "water", "drink", and, pathetically, to whine "siiiiick". He was pretty much miserable all Saturday and we watched his one (25 minute) DVD an insane number of times, as well as several episodes of the Wonderpets and a long string of Raffi's Youtube videos. Sigh.
We slept better Saturday night, and Nathan got up this morning bright and early, asking for "juice, juice". Since we only have V8 and carrot juice on hand, I went with carrot juice and a piece of toast. Here's hoping it stays down! Hopefully he's moving past the throwing up phase of this illness, but now he has a runny nose. Sigh again.
Nathan is feeling well enough to blog, though. He says:
nmnnh hhjjjjhhhhhhgtgyyjjjjjjiiiiiiiiiifffffffffddddddgdnffC uuuuyyyyuuiiiiklllll

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww, poor Nathan!! Hope he's feeling better today. Feeling sick is *not* *fun.* Not for child, not for Mommy. Especially when mommy has to sit through endless repeated episodes of whatever-it-is. LOL

    ReplyDelete