This began as a blog about parenting my son Nathan, who has Down Syndrome, as well as my thoughts on topics relating to disability. With the addition of Nathan's sister to our family, the focus is now on the development, both typical and atypical, of my kids, as well as my thoughts. Watching development unfold is amazing, whatever the pace.
Nathan and Cianna photo by Snapshot Sisters
Thursday, December 23, 2010
A Kaboomzi-la NayNay
Some advice: don't ever make up a song for your kid unless you want to hear it repeated back. A lot. I made up a little song, without thinking much of it, which became an instant hit with Nathan. The lyrics, such as they are, go like this: "My Nathan is a cute, cute Nathan/ He's the cutest little Nathan that I know/ My Nathan is a sweet, sweet Nathan/ He's the sweetest little Nathan that I know". Other adjectives are substituted in for a longer song, continued until I run out of adjectives, then repeated. Nathan sings this to himself" "My NayNay is sweet, sweet NayNay/ is sweet NayNay ah know". He has also taken to making up his own verses: "My NayNay is a kiss kiss NayNay", and, adorably, "My NayNay is a rock music NayNay". Yesterday when his Grandma was watching him he slipped on the carpet and apparently she said "kaboomzi-la!" Nathan has decided he likes this new word and has been using it quite a bit this morning, even going so far as to sing "My NayNay is a kaboomzi-la NayNay"! He is certainly the most kaboomzi-la Nathan that I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that sounds like a hit!
ReplyDelete